Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Tale Of The Scale Oct 31, 2012

I weighed into today 255.0 which is exactly the same as last week.  Good that I didn't gain, still I was hoping for a loss of some sort.  The thing is, I tracked what I ate, sort of, I exercised, sort of, and drank lots of liquids, well sort of.

"Half measures availed us nothing, it wasn't until we embraced the whole program with all it's implications did we begin to recover."  Something I read a long time ago.  So even though I did what  was supposed to be done, nothing was 100%. Yes I tracked my food (writing it down) however, I didn't measure or weigh anything so what I was doing, was either  eyeballing or estimating my foods.  Exercise was done but only on two days, one was legitimate.  Walking for 30 minutes, and the other was working in the backyard taking down a group of antennas in anticipation of Hurricane Sandy.  So I didn't exactly exercise everyday.  Now in my defense, the exercise part is hard to be motivated when you are awake half the night in pain (Nov 8 appointment with the Orthopedic Surgeon). Finally the water part. Yes I drink liquids, fat free milk, some water, but mostly I drink diet soda.  I have read all the arguments about it and I will say that although I have cut back I still consume way to much.

Alright enough of the self-flagellation.  This week we discussed the benefits of taking a daily assessment of where we are in our program for this day.  Good stuff, it's stuff I've used in the past, in part dealing other personal issues and some of is new.  Take five minutes and...
  • Review what I did
  • Review what I missed
  • Review what I could have done differently
  • Review long term and short term goals
  • Remember tomorrow is a new day

Let you know how its going meanwhile take a few minutes and pray for the folks recovering Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment